Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Our Brothers and Sisters in Kenya

Dear Women -

I just received this email from a friend of ours that is a missionary in Kenya. He and his family are currently in the United States and they received the following email from a friend and pastor in Kenya. It is chilling. Please join me in praying for our brothers and sisters in Kenya. Pray for the people that are doing these horrific things and pray for the victims of their crimes. Pass this information on to anyone that you can. Join me in educating myself about their election crisis and what we can do to help!


Dear Brother Gregg Garner,

Greetings to you in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Iam writing to both pass my New Year Greetings
and to place my sincere prayer request not
only for my FAMILY UNIT but for Kenya at large

We are facing aterible post Election Crisis
that has never been witnessed in Kenya. We are
in dire need of your intercessory prayers.Iam
currently in Nairobi where no one is ever sure
of what can befall you in the next moment.I
have witnessed my brothers in the Lord murder
ed in cold blood,Houses burnt down,women and
Girls raped in full sight of their Husbands
and Fathers,young boys sodomised and many ugly
seens.Many people are displaced,prices of
essential comodities sky rocketed,food and
fuel gases are rare to comeby.etc.

Please pray for peace and dialogue to
prevail.We have not slept for anumber of
Days because of the civil unrest,senseless
killings.
GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU REMEMBER US IN PRAYER.

Pastor Walter Odayo.

1 comment:

corrieeyejot said...

I will keep them in my prayers! This just makes me sick to my stomach. I all we can have is hope and prayer. I believe God has a reason for all we go through. The media needs to be talking about this and not Brittany Spears!!! The public needs to know what is going on over there!!